The inlingua method is based on the following principles :
- The teacher conducts the lesson only in the target language.
- The teacher gives the learner the opportunity to speak as much as possible during the lesson.
- The teacher conducts the greater part of the lesson orally, with the book closed.
- The teacher keeps theoretical explanations to a minimum.
- Trainers correct mistakes in such a way that learners develop skill in self-correction and learn to use the language independently.
- The teacher diagnoses the extent of the learner’s knowledge before supplying a model or providing a solution himself.
- The teacher encourages the learner to play a creative role in the learning process.
- The teacher observes the principles of applied psychology.
- The teacher combines the structural and functional approaches to language learning.
The main goal of the Inlingua method is to allow you to communicate in a foreign language studied. By communication, we mean the ability to understand and to be understood. Inlingua gives a particular importance to speaking skills, although Inlingua will also guide you with writing and reading for each studied language.
It’s by speaking that we gain solid linguistic competences!